Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Halloween

Halloween was on a Wednesday this year and Tyler had school the next day so I decided to give the boys a bath before trick-or-treating. I knew that we would be putting on costumes soon so instead of getting them all dressed I just let them go in their underwear for a couple of hours. Tyler was so, so excited for trick-or-treating this year. He kept saying how excited he was and that he couldn't wait, etc. Tyler could see that the evening was approaching, Duda got home and so he knew trick-or-treating was near. He was so excited that he started jumping around and dancing and making up little songs... "it's Halloween, Halloween, I get to trick-or-treat, Halloween, Halloween, ring the door bell" and on and on. So, Colby chimes in and starts running around in circles - screaming and dancing too. The boys were nuts!!! I am watching them from the kitchen and thinking to myself how cute they look dancing and singing in their underwear!!! They were totally nuts and out of control, but you gotta love it!
This year Tyler was a Transformer - Optimus Prime... and sweet little Colby was a dragonfly! I was going for Tyler being a frog and Colby a dragon fly, but it didn't work as I planned. I thought it would be funny since frogs eat bugs (dragon flys). But... since Tyler is getting older and has his own likes and dislikes, he was pretty anti on being a frog. I decided to let my boy be a big guy and choose his own costume. I had a newspaper insert that had all sorts of different costumes and told Tyler to choose - that is the story on how he came up with Optimus Prime. He has never even seen Transformers - all he knows is that he looked cool!!!

No comments: