Friday, January 18, 2008

Allen Community Outreach


THis year we wanted to give back in ways other than just donating money so I decided to sign up to sponsor a child for Christmas. Allen has a program through the ACO and you get to choose if you would like to sponser a child, teen, or senior adult... you also get to choose the sex so of course I chose a little boy!! We ended up getting an 18 month old so it was that much sweeter since Colby was his same age! He asked for some V-tech baby games and some socks. I may have gone a little overboard but since they asked for so little I felt that they were not trying to take advantage of anyone and it made me want to buy more. We got him several different little outfits, like 10 pairs of socks, an aquadoodle, some baby v-tech games and a couple other little cars, small toys. Colby went with me to drop off the bag of goodies and you should have seen the gymnasium floor. It was covered with the same black trash bags full of goodies and tons and tons of bikes. It was nice to see all the items people donated!

No comments: