Friday, September 5, 2008

Colby's first day of school

I can't believe my baby boy is so big! He will be going to school 2 days a week (Tues/Th) from 9:00 to 2:00... just the perfect amount of time for me to accomplish a few child free errands and for him to play and learn with some new friends.

I got misty eyed for a brief second when he walked in his room like it was nothing... didn't even notice he was leaving mom. He walked right in like he knew what he was doing and was an old pro. I said a quick good-bye but then I found myself wanting to stay and linger. I wanted to see how he acted, the things he did... I found it much harder leaving him than it was for him to leave me. :(

When I picked Colby up the first thing his teacher said was that he was a 'busy little guy' ... humm... I figured I would hear some sort of report like that!

Colby had a great first day and I think one of the most exciting things for him was his new Lightning McQueen lunch box - he loved it!!! Oh, and I tried to get a picture with him in his packback - wasn't happening... he acted as if I was putting him in a straight jacket. Enjoy the pics!

No comments: