Friday, September 5, 2008

Green... or Not?

So, Yes, I do drive a big, huge, gas guzzling, Lincoln Navigator (mainly because hubby wanted me to get a Full Size SUV) but I do try to do my part in the whole 'Green' movement. Seriously. I really try not to waste water and have taught my kids the same, I am good about recycling at home (even down to the smallest raisin box), I actually take plastic bags back to the store and put them in the 'recycle plastic bag container' ... and I do have to admit, lately, I have stopped using plastic bags altogether and have my own reusable bags.

I did a little investigating on the reusable bags and I think I have found some pretty good ones. NO, I did not go out and spend $40 on 'trendy' reusable bags made out of fabric and all that... who wants to wash those things over and over?... but I looked at several of the grocery store reusable bags and found the best ones (IMO) at Market Street! They have a sturdy bottom, are very wide, green in color, and only $.99/bag. With the extra-wide width, you can actually fit a ton of groceries in one bag. So, like I said, I do try to do my part ... every little bit counts, right?!

No comments: