Monday, July 30, 2007

Colby Update

Well, we had a big weekend at the Tucker household. Not only did we discover that Colby can open doors, but he can climb out of his crib, too! Yikes! This past Saturday, I closed the door to the bathroom and in comes Colby. I thought to myself, 'no way did he just do that' so I put him out of the bathroom and in he comes again. I thought that maybe it was just an easy door to open so I tried it out on our bedroom door, and yes, he can open that one too. On the same Saturday afternoon, when Colby was supposed to be napping, I hear a big thud come from upstairs and then immediately hear a toy go off in his room... a toy that I knew was not in his crib. Off I run upstairs for fear that he is going to use his other new found talent of opening doors and then come tumbling down the stairs... As I was running up the stairs I had horrible images of a bloody nose, knocked out teeth, broken bones, bumps and bruises going through my min... and then when I open the door I heard his little giggle and I knew that everything was allright. He was running around his room laughing and playing like he was saying "I'm free, I'm free." Jason lowered Colby's crib to his last and final level so hopefully that will keep him in a little longer!


We did not go through these problems with Tyler at such an early age... probably becasue he was not tall enough to open doors or climb out of his crib! Colby is too smart (and tall) for his own good!!

2 comments:

Brody said...

I can't wait to follow in your big footsteps!

Kellie said...

oh my goodness!!! that is crazy. alrady getting out of bed and opening doors. good luck, sista. i won't laugh if the next time i see you you've got some gray hairs and look tired. ;) XOXO kel