Saturday, August 30, 2008

Tyler's First Day of School

Wow! What an exciting and heart wrenching day! I was excited for my baby boy to start this new adventure, but so sad to let him go. I did get teary eyed several times that morning but dried it up very quickly because I didn't want Tyler to see me and to think this day was sad. The worst part for me was in the classroom and I started telling Tyler the same things that we used to tell him when he went to preschool: "1. Listen, 2. Be respectful, 3. Do as you are told, and 4. Have fun!!" For some reason, that really put me ove the edge and I had to get up and walk away because the tears came on strong. But, then I see Tyler sitting at this desk and so eager to start things that he asks the teacher, " Ms. Faughn, what do we do next?" He had been sitting at his table for a while now and I think was getting bored. He wanted to get this show on the road!! Ms. Faughn politely explained to Tyler that this morning might take a little longer to get things started and then she added "Good question, Tyler" ... made me chuckle a bit!! Here is our excited Kindergartner!!!

No comments: