Saturday, August 30, 2008

Tyler's first week of school

After figuring out the carpool line and which direction you are supposed to go (it can be a little confusing), etc... Tyler gets in the car and says (after his first day) 'Well, I didn't learn to read today... Maybe I will learn that tomorrow.' Made me laugh!!

I took pictures each morning of Tyler's first week and wrote down a few things.

Monday: His teacher walked him out to my car and said he was a fun little guy!! She also mentioned that he could work a little bit on his voice level (Tyler can get very loud at times) but that he had a great day and did very well. Good job, Tyler!
Tuesday: Today Tyler came home with a picture of R2D2. I know it was R2D2 because he wrote the letters "R2D2" above the picture... and it kind of looked like him, too!! How he came home with a picture of R2D2 I do not know, but that is my guy!!!!
Wednesday: Tyler came home pretty excited about school today. He was going on and on about a drawing/story that he didn't get to finish so when we got home we finished it! He drew a picture of a person, a pizza and a person playing games all on the same sheet of paper. He wanted to write a story about the drawing so this is how it went: "A guy is at a party. The guy was eating pizza. And then the guy was playing party games." The end! Too funny
Thursday: Tyler also said he enjoyed school today. He came home with a drawing of Alex. He kept talking about Alex and I of course thought it was a boy... Nope, this Alex is Alexandra!!! Could it be a crush, already? Please no!! As it turns out, Alex sits right in front of Tyler at his table... I guess it makes sense for him to talk of her a lot.

Friday: Still excited for school! Tyler came home and explained to me all of their kindergarten 'rules'... They have different 'codes' for voice levels, walking in the hall, raising hand, etc... His teacher sent home a sheet explainig them and Tyler knew them all really well. He actually does listen!! His teacher walked him out to my car and said he was a great little guy. I was beaming with pride and joy on the way home!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah! I'm so glad that you're back to blogging. I think it's great that Tyler had such a good transition into Kinder (and you too)!